What is Strength Training?
Our Strength Training classes are designed specifically for people over the age of 50. This program is based on proven research and can improve your strength, mobility and balance, maintain and improve bone density, and help you to better manage diabetes and arthritic joints. Our strength training classes are run by qualified Physiotherapists.
Benefits of strength training:
- Reduces the risk of heart disease
- Increases bone mineral density
- Increased strength
- Improves blood fats
- Lowers risk of high blood pressure
- Reduces risk of Type 2 Diabetes
- Reduces the risk of colon cancer
- Help achieve/maintain healthy weight
- Reduces depression and anxiety
- Promotes psychological well-being
- Builds/maintains healthy bones, muscles and joints