When sprains and strains are treated early by an Onsite Physiotherapist there is a reduced chance of the injury progressing to a costly and potentially long term Workcover claim.
According to WorkSafe data for the period 2011/2012 musculoskeletal injury claims accounted for 53% of all claims. Of all claims 64% were for those over the age of 40 and 52% were for those over the age of 45 (source: Worksafe Victoria Statistical Summary 2011/2012).
Onsite Physiotherapy is our core service offering targeted at reducing the cost of work related musculoskeletal injuries. Many long term injuries develop due to an absence of early intervention or ineffective early intervention. This is why Integrated Health Corporate promotes rapid reporting of aches and pains to minimise the number of cases which develop in to more serious injuries.
Our Onsite Physiotherapy program focuses on the following:
- Early reporting of aches and pains and prompt referral for onsite assessment
- Thorough assessment, accurate diagnosis and effective intervention
- Early identification of factors that may indicate the worker is at risk of a delayed return to work or return to full duties
- Provision of regular updates regarding worker progress and prognosis
- Prompt referral for imaging or medical intervention where necessary
- Prescription of suitable duties where appropriate to facilitate faster recovery
- Provision of easy to understand injury statistics report highlights the types of injuries occurring, where they are occurring and other details
The following benefits can be expected from our Onsite Physiotherapy program:
- Early intervention and reduced recovery time
- Decreased Workcover premiums
- Reduced lost time injuries (LTI’s)
- Improved management of chronic musculoskeletal complaints
- Improved communication between stakeholders
- Increased worker productivity
- Improved overall worker wellness
- Improvements in task design
- Improvements in fit between workers and jobs